4 pieces of skate(ray)fish
2 onion (sliced)
5 cloves of garlic
1 small packet of adabi fish curry powder
1/2 small packet of adabi meat curry powder
10 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon mix Indian spices or a pinch for each of these spices -fennel seeds, mustard seeds,fenugreek seeds and white lentils seeds.
1/2 teaspoon cumin (soaked, pounded till fine)
100ml thick coconut milk
50ml thick tamarind juice
salt and seasoning to taste.
Banana leaves to wrap the fish
A few bamboo toothpicks
3 tbspoon oil to fry.
1. Mix well all ingredients with the skate. Saparate into 4 portions.
2. Wrap them in banana leaves and seal i with the toothpicks. Marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat a medium wok with low heat. Pour in the oil.
4. Fry each wrapped portion one by one. Cover it with a lid while frying.
5. Turn over every few minutes to make sure they are well cook. (A portoin may take about 10 -15 minutes to cook)
6. When you can smell the thick aroma of curry and the banana leaf soften to dark tone, it's done.
7. Serve hot with rice.
* make sure the heat is low all the time