Egg Plants Salsa
2 large(long) Egg plants
Salt and turmeric powder
Cut egg plant if too big or too long. Rub in the salt and turmeric. Bake or grill until super soft.
4 spoonful chili paste
2 pieces of 'asam gelugor'
a handful dried shrimps(pounded)
5 cloves of garlic(chopped)
3 shallots(sliced thinly)
2 big onion(diced)
2 spoonful of oil
a bowl of water
1. Heat the pan with oil in it.
2. Put in the 'asam gelugor', shallot and garlic. Stir fried until brown.
3. Pour in the chili paste. Stir fry on medium heat.
4. Mix in the pounded dried shrimps. Stir for 2 minutes in low heat.
5. Increase the heat, pour in half a bowl of water. Let them boil for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Throw in the onion. Stir. Pour in the water.
7. Bring to boil. Put in tomatoes. Stir until the the gravy thickens.
8. Turn the heat off. Mash cooked the egg plant. Mix with the gravy.
9. When it cools down, the eggplant mash will absorb the liquid.
10. Serve as sandwich spread or with rice.